The Japanese vocal-guitar duo Meu Coração releases the stunning A Tempo as a return to an earlier form. Well-known for playing acoustic Brazilian music at sold-out concert halls, their sixth album presents dramatic variations with an exciting full-band sound.
Starting with a vibrant “One Note Samba”, the album features a catchy “Lawns”, peppy Brazilian tunes “Corrida De Jangada” and “Batacuda Surgiu”, a sentimental “Amazon River”, and a dreamy “Love Me Tender”, closing the album like a sweet lullaby.
The music grooves with creative arrangements and interesting effects, rooted by the vocal-guitar duo at the core, making music from the heart.
Meu Coração · http://www.meobossa.com/
- EMiKO VOiCE – vocals · http://www.emikovoice.com
- Taro Sukegawa – acoustic & electric guitar, cavaquinho · http://www.tarosukegawa.jp
- Ken’ichiro Shinzawa – keyboards
- Cokky – electric bass
- Kiyotaka Kuroda – drums
- Yasuhiro Yoshigaki – percussion (#4, 7)
Released in 2016 on Eclectic Records ECLC-101.
Here is a video of a live performance of “Corrida De Jangada”, the third track on this album:
Showing another side of Meu Coração, here is a promotional video for the second track “Lawns”:
* Audio sample at top of page from “Samba de Una Nota So”, which opens the album.